Lichfield BID and Lichfield District Council are pleased to announce the launch of a joint parking initiative, Tuesdays, Free after 2. January and February are challenging times of the year for many businesses, and the online world continues to put pressure on our high streets. To boost footfall to the city, Lichfield BID and Lichfield District Council have come together to offer free parking after 2pm for four Tuesdays in January and February 2019 at all car parks run by Lichfield District Council in the city of Lichfield. The promotion will run on 22 and 29 January and 5 and 12 February 2019. Not only will this encourage shoppers and visitors to come to the city, but will enable local businesses to take advantage of this additional footfall to the city.
For more information, including the terms and conditions, go to www.visitlichfield.co.uk/parking. The offer is available to anyone who uses pay and display and the Pay by Phone, and is jointly funded by the BID and district council. Lichfield BID Chairman, Paul Maddox, said: “We know businesses are keen for a parking offer and, working with Lichfield District Council, we hope that this will provide a useful and timely initiative, designed to attract more visitors to Lichfield and for them to explore the range of businesses we have here.”
Cllr Ian Pritchard, Lichfield District Council’s Cabinet Member responsible for Economic Growth, said: “We’re pleased to be working with Lichfield BID on this parking promotion, and hope our shoppers and visitors take advantage of the free after 2 offer.” The impact of the initiative will be measured and Lichfield BID and Lichfield District Council look forward to seeing the results. To view council car parks, visit www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/carparkmap.
Terms and conditions
- Parking will be free from 2pm on 22 and 29 January and 2 and 5 February 2019
- This offer will apply to all hourly paying customers, both the ones who pay through the pay and display machines and Pay by Phone
- This offer is unavailable to parking permit holders
- Posters will be put up at the pay and display machines. However, if anyone uses the pay and display machines during the free period, the council is not offering refunds
- Other parking restrictions, such as the Blue Badge bay requirements, remain in place
- This offer is limited to Lichfield District Council owned, off street car parks only